PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This website is brought to you by Fairly Exchanged Limited trading as fairlyexchanged.co.uk. &.Com. We take the privacy of our website users very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy and Cookies Policy ('the Policy') carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you such as your name, address and email address and confirmation that you are 18 years of age or over, whenever you register to use our website.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use this website, send us feedback and contact us for any reason. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the registration process. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purposes set out in this Policy.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
• to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
• research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
• customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
• marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below
• fraud prevention and detection
• customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
• to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you
• security vetting, and
• improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by telephone, in writing, by email or by SMS text about our services, or any special offers by our service providers that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
• other companies within our group
• our agents and service providers
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you
• we store your personal data on secure servers
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
• receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing;
• include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
• attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Fairley Exchanged Ltd and
• specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing;
• provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details); and
• specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in an email to email@example.com with a header that says 'Unsubscribe'
• provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details), and
• if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to
• take you through the registration process
• recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log on each time)
• obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
• carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and services and to help us better understand our visitor and user requirements and interests
• target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our service providers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests, and
• make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
Name of cookie
Purpose for the cookie
This enables visitors to add content to their social media accounts.
Fairly Exchanged This allows our members to remain logged into their account
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at FAIRLY EXCHANGED LIMITED, 10 WINSTON WAY,THATCHAM, BERKSHIRE RG19 3TY.
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
We do our best to make sure information on this site is accurate and up to date, but we cannot take any responsibility for any loss arising out of use of the information on this site. In particular our advice on employment law can only provide a general overview. You should not rely on it applying in your own circumstances and should always take further advice.